December 6, 2012

Book Fair & Affairs

MHM_1121124000844MHM_1121123215121 (2)
Currently listening to: Muse - Madness



Oh hey, I'm back. Alright. I've got some photos left, they're also from about two weeks ago. I went to the book fair with the girls, it's been like our regular schedule for every few months whenever the book fair was held at a venue nearby our campus. This time I wasn't sure sure what books I want to get (novels, usually) and I was also trying to save up. So as predicted, I end up with two copies of old National Geographic magazine to bring home.


bookfair2 bookfair1
Photobombs!

IMG_3647 IMG_3649

I simply just pick up some with issues that interest me and pay, though there are indeed a lot of options. Back at home, I look closer and found out that one of them is older than myself! On February 1989 my parent were not even married yet.

I think unless you're looking for the latest information about these things, these old magazines are still useful because the knowledge is still there and you just have to read on. Plus, what I like most about this magazine is the b-e-a-utiful photos! I'm thinking about making a collage from these photos after I'm done reading them. Hmm...


IMG_3659 IMG_3660 IMG_3661
Beautiful disaster.

IMG_3663 IMG_3669

This oldie has a raggy brown envelope with a map of Yellowstone National Park inside of it. It was such a treasure for me. It might not be useful because I won't be there anytime soon and not to mention I'm gonna need a newer version of the map. But still... a map! Of world's first national park! Hopefully I'll be there someday.


IMG_3665 IMG_3667 IMG_3668 IMG_3658
My camera's predecessors? Haha

IMG_3650 IMG_3652
And after reading the other one, I have more respect for the emperor penguins. Not just cute, but they're also really really tough. Now take a closer look at the bottom right corner here...

IMG_3653



I've been watching movies on DVDs and somehow I'm avoiding 'heavy' movies. I'm usually also into that kind of movie. But lately I really just want to watch silly romantic comedies and animations. Animations always have special place in my heart. It just makes my heart... warm. You know? Watching those animated characters trying to get their dreams and prove themselves to those doubting them. Maybe I see myself in those characters. They lift up my mood and make me feel more optimistic. Which is good. Which is why I need more of good animation movies in my life. Ahem, Pixar, Dreamworks, and basically any other animation movie studios... you heard me?

MHM_1121125201800
Sometimes I get inspired after watching a movie and so I doodle about it with my low drawing capability. I finally watched ParaNorman. A blogger I follow on Tumblr makes me really curious about it since she started to collect all things ParaNorman after she watched it. And I have to say that I love this movie, too! It's funny, sad at some part, and sweet. I tried to doodle Aggie because I really like that quote of her. Well, she's a lot cooler in the movie so you have to see it yourself. Haha. As you probably know already, I have such fondness on some things some people may find creepy like skulls and graves. But they even get cuter that they're animated so this movie is kind of like... my thing.


MHM_1121130092905 MHM_1121130193001-1
Then I watched Brave. I've been anticipating this movie. I mean, it's from Pixar! The animation is really wonderful and the characters are fascinating. And not to mention the animated landscape of Scotland which is equally breath-taking. So you may want to kiss your mother after you see this movie..... I paint using acrylics on paper for the first time here. I usually just leave my doodle black and white. I think I should paint more, it's nice to see and play with a lot of colors. 


MHM_1121203170846 MHM_1121203170623
And last Monday I watched Rise of the Guardians. I love it! The characters... the animations... the cast... it's just so good. So as usual, I like the villain as much as I like the heroes. Pitch reminds me to Loki so much. And I like how he sometimes act so dramatic. And I watched it in 3D so it was just so good! There I said it again. I saw the movie alone, something I usually do but haven't done again in a while, get some donuts because I'm craving it, and then back to reality, finishing an essay and another assignment.


Last night I had a really long silly conversations on Skype with the girls. I think we agree that me and one of my friends have a sick obsession to our favorite musician, but no, they're not the same person. Isn't it crazy how you can love some actor or musician so much? I mean, it's just so devastating for me to have this huge admiration for her, my idol, but she probably doesn't even know that I'm exist in this world. So, Tegan if you read this....
In other news, today's been balance. Met some annoying people on the way to and back from campus. But it's been pretty fun at the campus today. Especially because we only watched a movie in the morning class, the following class was dismissed, and so I sneak to an earlier class rather than wait for my regular schedule for that class at 2.30 PM. But I ended up discussing Breaking Dawn: Part Two with my seat's neighbor. What even....... Alright, it's late here so I guess I'll see you later, mate! Have a nice midweek! Whatever!

IMG_3803

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Read the Printed Word!