June 20, 2016

56 Random Thoughts on Season 6, Episode 9 of Game of Thrones, "Battle of the Bastards"

This post is full of spoilers. But if you dont care about that kind of thing, then go ahead. But honestly, if youre avoiding spoilers, you should just get off your gadget for now. 

I’ve been anxiously anticipating this episode since they revealed that it’s going to be called ‘Battle of the Bastards’. I think we all do. Were you all as scared as I was?? But first, let’s give it up for the show on how very appropriately they entitled this episode. And it's aired on Father’s Day, too. In the US, at least (we, down under here, celebrate it on different time). It’s also very satisfying that this episode is exactly 60 minutes long.

I’ve been reading a lot of predictions and fan theories on the show that I kinda already know what’s gonna happen, thanks to them. But watching those things came to live on the TV screen is still shocking and thrilling. So, yeah. I think I cursed a lot watching this episode and I'm fasting! May Allah forgive me. And do, enlighten me if you happen to know the answers to some questions/confusions I stated below. Okay, here we go!

  1. Tyrion being scolded just by Dany’s gaze. It’s cute but I’m also a bit worry about him. He’s my favorite. Apart from Jon.
  2. Dany actually listens to him! This is amazing. I actually thought she’s gonna be like, ‘You’re fired,’ and proceed to do whatever she feels like doing.
  3. CMIIW; the conversation between Tyrion and Dany was in the pyramid, right? How did they get to wherever they are right now (it’s like a rooftop?) so fast? Dragon ride?
  4. Tell them, Dany. Honestly, you guys, did you not aware of what dragons could do? ‘Slaughtered them’. Pfft.
  5. Okay, I guess not! She prefers to just burn the enemies alive. 
  6. Does this mean we’ll get to see the other dr–OMG, the three of them!! I want Rhaegal because he’s the green one.
  7. It’s cool that Grey Worm spare the live of the one being blamed by his two friends. Tyrion definitely planned this.
  8. Wait! What about Yara’s fleet?
  9. Oh, off the North we go. Will the battle occupy the rest of the duration?
  10. I find it hard to believe that Iwan Rheon almost played Jon Snow. Guess how many times Ramsay said ‘bastard’ already.
  11. “You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well.” YASSSSSS SANSA, MY QUEEN.
  12. Tormund was just nodding when Jon brief them of the plans? Is he nervous? Lol.
  13. Jon, Sansa, my babies, don’t let this battle drift you apart, please. :(
  14. Okay, I love you, Sansa. But to be honest, you should definitely tell Jon you’re expecting more army instead of just saying, ‘We need more men.’
  15. Also, Sophie Turner, marry me.
  16. I have this strange image of Arya just coming right through when Sansa said, “No one can protect me. No one can protect anyone.”
  17. Lol again at Tormund. His special drink is goat milk? Hahaha. So hey, maybe Davos will find some kind of inspirations to add more to the battle during his walk. 
  18. Melisandre is being really humble about Jon’s resurrection. I’m really glad she’s not letting Jon tell him not to bring him back again.
  19. Let’s all be grateful for how easy it is for people of Westeros to find small tokens on the ground. Example: Jorah finding Dany's ring and now Davos finding Shireen’s wooden stag. It’s wooden, right? What wood was that thing from? How is it not burned to ashes??
  20. Dany x Yara. Yara was like, “I’m not here to propose you, but I’m open to any possibilities.” Bahahaha flirty. Imagine if they just get together and burn down the patriarchy in Westeros. There must have be some fanfics about them already now.
  21. I’m surprised they’re not asking for more. And just the prospect of these women being rulers make me happy.
  22. Oh, the call for war. The freaking chillssssssss. 
  23. Ramsay dragging something with a rope. Is it Rickon’s dead body??
  24. For God’s sake, he’s alive! Now I'm really scared for him. 
  25. Jeez, I thought it will be easier if he’s already dead rather than seeing him die on screen.
  26. Ramsay’s going to release his hounds and make them chase Rickon!!!!!!
  27. No, he’s not! I’m fucking glad that didn't happen.
  28. How good was he with archery, though? Ha, missed! How far could a fucking arrow go, anyway?
  29. I understand that Jon just couldn’t stay there watching Rickon running to him, but Jon, don't go too far. 
  30. Just a few more feet to go! Ramsay kept missing, I thought Rickon really got a chance. Maybe not run in straight direction, Rickon.
  31. Ramsay, you motherfcker! We were so close to another Stark reunion!! They didn’t even get to say anything to each other... RIP youngest Stark pup, Rickon. :'((
  32. Go!!! Kill them!!!!!!
  33. Jon, too close, too clooose! Back off! Back the hell off!!
  34. I didn’t sign up to be the witness of his death, again!
  35. And then his own army was just like WOOSH through him before he actually hurt someone with Longclaw. Lol at his face. He's such an idiot sometimes. This meme is accurate. 
  36. Dude, will the Umbers reveal themselves as actual Stark loyalists?
  37. Well, nope. Smalljon Umber and his men are attacking from behind this half circle wall of army thing. Fucking traitors.
  38. Wun Wun from afar looks awkward just swinging his hands in every direction. If I were him, I’d crowd surfing on them. And instead of catching me, they’d just be crushed. A lot of them at once. Okay, that’s dark. Sorry.
  39. Please don’t kill Tormund.
  40. It will be so stupid if Jon die from suffocation. At least he’s gonna faint now. But don’t, Jon! You’ll end up like fruit jams if you faint.  
  41. He didn’t! Breathe now, Jon.
  42. Knights of the Vale sure knows how to be dramatic. And it’s cute that their sigil is white falcon. It kind of looks like dove, as if they’ve come to bring peace.
  43. Sansa is sooo pleased with herself now. But seriously, gurl, shoulda tell you brother before he run to the front line of the battle. 
  44. Thanks, Baelish. What does he want in return, though? My baby, Sansa?
  45. And now off for Ramsay. I hope he doesn’t have more men to surprise-attack Jon. 
  46. Winterfell and Castle Black looks like the same place. I hope Wun Wun crushed some men to the wall again.
  47. Oh, you want to fight one to one now? That’s a desperate attempt. He knows he’s losing.
  48. The determination in Jon’s face.
  49. I was a bit teary when Jon’s punched the hell out of Ramsay’s face. It’s like... just so emotional and after all he’s gone through, here he is again bringing justice for his family...
  50. But then, I thought he ends Ramsay there because goddamn HBO Asia kind of cut it out so I didn’t see the part where he was still moving.
  51. Rickon looked like Olly? And it’s just awesome that they get to buried him in the Crypt of Winterfell.
  52. I’m so happy that Jon let Sansa finish Ramsay.
  53. “I’m part of you now.” This man is repulsive.
  54. FINISH HIMMMMMMMMM, SANSAAAAAAA. Then I whisper to myself in satisfaction, almost like hissing, Yessssssss he’s dead.”
  55. Walking out like the boss she is. Can we have this scene parallel with Jon and Arya’s scene?
  56. Great episode! I feel so weak now. It was such a roller coaster that made my heart skipped a few beats. 
I feel like HBO Asia cuts off quite a lot of scenes, not just the gory ones. Luckily I watch the episode again today (yes, I’m such a GoT trash T.T) and managed to see what I didn’t see. I almost didn’t see Viserion clearly on TV earlier this morning? They didn’t show that scene when the ship broke in two? Or were my eyes fooling me? Or you do you guys, HBO Asia subscribers, agree with me? OMG one episode left!!!! See you on the finale!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Read the Printed Word!