May 17, 2013

May 15: Big Sound Festival!!!

Big Sound Festival Jakarta 2013 Big Sound Festival Jakarta 2013 Big Sound Festival Jakarta 2013

Okay, I'll just keep this post short. So, my Mom changed her mind. And I wouldn't in a hundred years thought she'd change her mind that easily on such things. But that's my Mom, I guess. And I feel terrible for being a brat that I am. But she let me go to the concert and I was the happiest, I can't stop smiling! The struggle isn't over, though. I have to find a friend because obviously I wasn't allowed to go alone. And then I have to get the ticket on the D-day because it's not available anymore at some of the official ticket box I visited.
So shout out to my dear friend who accompanied me through hunting for the ticket, the concert, and not to mention all of my babbling, rambling, outspoken obsession of Tegan and Sara on daily basis. You know who you are. Thank you a million time, mate!!! 


I didn't bring my camera as DSLR is not allowed and it's the only decent photography gear I own, so I have no other option than my phone camera. I just hate how the phone can't do justice to the pictures but I just can't help it, I have to capture those moments. I'm sorry for the low quality photos.


Big Sound Festival Jakarta 2013 Big Sound Festival Jakarta 2013 Big Sound Festival Jakarta 2013 Big Sound Festival Jakarta 2013 Big Sound Festival Jakarta 2013 Big Sound Festival Jakarta 2013 Big Sound Festival Jakarta 2013
1. Van She.
2. Heart-shaped smoke? Loving the purple.
3. Stage preparation for Tegan and Sara. This is when I'm losing my breath.
4. Tegan and Sara!!!
5. This was probably during Now I'm All Messed Up.
6. The Temper Trap.
7. Dougy Mandagi. He interacted with the audience in Bahasa the whole time. :)

My battery went low when Blur is on. But I managed to shoot one more video of them when I tried my camera again. And besides, the crowd went crazy and I'm stuck and sandwich-ed between the gate and this girl behind me. I left when Blur is still melting the faces of their fans because Mama already warned me not to get home too late. Besides, I was all messed up. Physically and emotionally.


SC20130516-144400-1
Back In Your Head / The Con / Walking With A Ghost / Hop A Plane 
Goodbye, Goodbye / Drove Me Wild / Arrow / Alligator
Feel It In My Bones / Now I'm All Messed Up / Closer

I don't know how I managed to write down their setlist among all of the feelings. I was in between emotional breakdown and over excitement, I feel like I'm a bipolar. So yeah... there were tears involved and I'm not gonna explain it further unless you're as obsessed with them as I am. Haha. It was too fast. I mean, really fast. Later on, Tegan posted the photo of the setlist with the caption, "It was fast. It was furious. It was Jakarta." It still make me laugh. Ironically, I'm also furious because the big screen were off and then just playing the same graphic on the background of the stage, instead of a close up of them during their set. Even more ironic, it only happened during their set. So unfair. It was a really entertaining set, but something is clearly missing as they didn't even play Call It Off and Nineteen. I was also hoping for The Cure and The Ocean (T-Teamer right here hehe), but judging from their setlist for previous shows, I know they're probably not gonna play it.


My friend Eky being really kind and picked us from the venue. After they left the stage and until this afternoon I was feeling aaaaaall blue. I guess it's the post-concert syndrome? I really hope they'd come back for a full show. It was a great night and I had so much fun, but I just want more of them, you know? Oh well...

Big Sound Festival Jakarta 2013 Big Sound Festival Jakarta 2013
Got home, looking at the ticket, and can't really believe it all just happened. Wish to see them live again in the near future. :))

2 comments:

Midnight And Dawn said...

so glad you got to go in the end!!!

Di said...

ahahaha yes, finally!!

Post a Comment

Read the Printed Word!