October 30, 2013

Movie Review + Photo Mess: Black & White

IMG_0533 IMG_4407 I obviously enjoy more free time than I should for the past few weeks. I watched some movies so I think I have to give a little commentary/review about it, no?

  • Forrest Gump. Well, this is embarrassing but I just saw this movie for the first time... But I love it. Forrest is like a really kind and also really lucky man. I laughed so hard on the part where Forrest gave a speech in front of hundreds of thousand people. Also, check out these kids dressing up for Halloween and you'll find Forrest!
  • Super 8. So funny. Great kid actors. Love it when they're taking advantage of the whole situation and making it a great background for their movie. Just ignore the lens flare. J.J. Abrams has a thing for that. 
  • Never Cry Wolf. This is a 1983 movie, almost ten years before I was born. I don't even know all the actors in these movie. I was reading review about The Grey and a review mentioned this movie so I watched it. I just love wolves, man. 
  • Almost Famous. Also for the first time. I thought this movie will be a lot like The Runaways, but not really. It's sweet. I like this kind of teen drama in which the characters finally do the right thing.
  • A Royal Affair. Of course I saw this movie because of Mads Mikkelsen. It's a historical drama. But it's also more than just that. Just go watch it. Hehe.
  • The Vampire Diaries. I just started season 4. The ending of season 3 got me teary! I hate that Alaric died... 
  • Hubble 3D. It's a documentary about seven astronauts sent to repair the Hubble space telescope, narrated by Leonardo DiCaprio. Needless to say, it's breath-taking. I'm happy to be able to recognize some nebulas shown in a scene.

Other than that, I edited some old photos on Photoshop. Some of the photos are from family day. I always wanted to make a post full of black and white pictures. I have found a set of actions, one of them is black and white, so it's easier for me now. I usually gave up trying to edit my photos in black and white, but that's because I don't really know the presets and curves to create a dramatic photo. I mean, it's not like these ones are dramatic... so yeah. Here we go.
  IMG_7978-BW_MG_7943 IMG_7866 IMG_7853 IMG_7877 IMG_7879 IMG_8006 IMG_8031
naya-&-me IMG_1345 _MG_1287 _MG_1288 IMG_8288 IMG_7837 2013-10-12-16.53-1 2013-10-12-16.53 IMG_00351 IMG_3180
1. Nessie?
2. Before we were upside down. Please ignore my hair.
3. Naya.
4. Faris.
5. Big girls talking.
6. Holding Naya because the ride was a little bumpy.
7. Appropriate expression.
8. Sometimes this happens.
9. Snack time for her.
10. An afternoon, watching people.
11. Focus 1
12. Focus 2
13. A normal red apple.
14. Boring clothes.
15. Kids.
16. Playing kites.
17. Bowie experiment.
18. A little sunlight.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Read the Printed Word!