July 9, 2012

A DIY Bracelet and Pads from the Past

IMG_9705 
Been listening to: Tegan and Sara - Don't Rush


I don't even need to tell how much I love T+S, okay. Got not much to do but too lazy to edit some pictures from yesterday so I thought I'd just stop by for a quick post. 


First of all, let me say hi to Kylie from Midnight and Dawn. If you're reading this; Hi, Kylie!! Thanks for following me! *wave :D I've been following (and loving) the photos and posts that you and your twin sister made, so it's pretty amazing that you're following me. I mean, you guys are such cool bloggers. I even think I got a star-struck moment... haha


IMG_8947 2012-07-01 15.40.59 IMG_9709 IMG_9707 

A few days ago I made a bracelet with tutorial from Honestly WTF. I've been wanting to try this DIY bracelet but haven't got the time to actually got the beads, buttons, and cord. I finally got them a while ago. It's not the cord I want, though... but anyway, one afternoon I sit down, play some music, and made one bracelet. Well, I guess it's not bad for the first attempt. Oh, Honestly WTF is also one of my favorite Instagram users. Her photos are honestly so good. 
And by the waaaay, I changed my username to @distyx. I was thinking I could really use a one word username that's not quite my real name and the first thing I came up with was 'diatomic' but it's taken. But now I'm actually thinking that I should probably change it again to something longer. I mean, distyx... really short, eh? One thing for sure, I always love the word 'Styx' and its mythical feel. 


IMG_9711 IMG_9717 
IMG_9690 IMG_9691 

And can you believe that these pads are from 1989??! My mother told me that these are actually gift that her friend gave as a wedding gift. Like most of the time, she started with 'These stuffs are older than you...' and that's usually when I know that it's one of the wedding gifts she kept and have never used. I mean, it's quite reasonable why she never used them but... she got all these pretty glasses and bowls and plates and I don't know what else! If we have a storeroom, I'll help her organize those things and label them with 'Untouched Wedding Gifts'.


So, hopefully I'll find the will to edit the pictures I took yesterday at the Flora and Fauna Exhibition. Haha yes, I will. Have a nice Monday.

diy bracelet

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Read the Printed Word!