December 22, 2011

Me and My Mother

IMG_2992

It's hard to find the right words that would describe her as good as I hope it would be. But let me try. For years, I thought I have a love-hate relationship with my mother. But sure I was wrong...


Sometimes it seems like we live in different world.
I like music though I'm not always up to date. She doesn't even know the singer of the song she likes, unless those she really likes.
I like rock music. She goes for old ballads and thinks rock stars are just sort of a bunch of trouble-makers.
She's fine with onions and garlics while I dislike them.
She only writes in cursive and I'm pretty flexible.
She likes dark chocolate and wonder why I love white chocolate.
I'm gonna need a whole another day to list all the differences. But that's not the point.


Growing up was hard and I'm sure I also gave her hard time facing me. I remember hating her teacher of this computer course. He upgraded our PC and acting like he wanted to be my BFF. Even though he thinks Avenged Sevenfold was pretty cool, I just can't be friends with a person who suddenly came to my territory and talked and talked and talked until I am bored, and suggested me to do things. Who the hell you think you are? So, I was trying my best to still act nice but I think somehow it showed on my face. I thought my mother was going to tell me that I shouldn't be acting like that as soon as he was gone. But she didn't. Maybe she already get used to it because I've been acting like that towards strangers, especially the ones that suddenly came, look at me with their eyes saying 'Such a poor kid', and then try to tell me what to do.


There were also time when she tried to dress me up a bit more 'proper' when I was younger. In time she finally understands (or already gave up) that I'm just a T-shirt and jeans kind of girl. I'd wear skirt or dress if I want to, but just don't force me. Sometimes she's mad at me for being so stubborn and not liking the stuffs she bought for me. And I'm getting mad at her for forcing me instead of just being accepting.
She does things that annoy me sometimes; how she talks on the phone so loud, spoken to me a list of things to do when I'm half-awake in the morning which I soon forgot when I'm fully-awake, and many other things! Well, I'm sure she also have list of things I do that annoy her... 

IMG_2904

But this isn't a love-hate relationship. It's pure love.
We've grown up together and still growing. It's not always been easy but it feels a bit lighter with her by my side. She gave me space when I need it, without I need to ask her for it. She makes me feel safe by just being in the same room with her. I don't know if she realized, but she makes me stronger. Years ago after I was thirteen I promised to myself not to cry in front of her anymore. Because she would cry with me if I do and it hurts to see her that way, it hurts as bad as the reason of the tears itself. I could never ask for a better mother than her. She's tough, independent, and bold. She's the real life role model for me. I hope I will be as strong as her. And I will surely teach my future kids things I learned from her. 



Happy Mother's Day, Mama and also to all amazing mothers around the world.
I know everyone saying this about their mother, but my mother is the best one in the galaxy. Period.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Read the Printed Word!