July 25, 2011

Last Saturday Night

keyboard

A week ago my uncle visited us with his wife and daughter. He wanted to clean up my laptop. I was a bit unease. I'm not a computer smarty and usually when people who's more expert than me examine my computer, they'll be questioning a hell lot of things that I mostly don't understand and then I'll feel stupid. And they'd say I did a lot of mistakes, that I should not be having this or that programme, etcetera, etcetera, and that make me feel as if I'm being judged.
He asked me to log in to my computer, ask me some things, not even touching it when it's on, and asked me to shut it down. He asked me how old is my laptop and I'm sure I've had Severus for almost two years. So he meant that he was going to clean my laptop up, literally.
He laughed at me, saying it looked like I was afraid that something bad will happen to my laptop. Well, I am. But instead of afraid that he can't put the parts together again, I was more like afraid that he'd scratch him with the screwdriver or something... So inside my head I was like, "Whoa! Be gentle with him!" It was kinda thrilling, but it's some levels better than being 'judged'. :)
severus-got-cleaned-up
severus'-brain
***

Last Saturday, I went ice skating for the first time with my cousin. It was also her first time. It was... painful. But nice. But cold. And painful. Haha. So yeah, I was telling myself that in two hour at least I have to be able to take control of those damn shoes and move a bit. Practice makes perfect, right? So, I tried to skate round the rink. I fell down embarrassingly when I was right in the middle of the rink, cursed the ice floor, get up, and try again. Repeat the process. But I didn't even bother to be ashamed for falling in the middle of the rink and making my jeans wet; all I know that I was trying.
We were taught by a little girl, younger than both of us, whose name is similar to my other cousin. 

We haven't really spend the two hour of our turns, but we were so tired and decided we have it enough. That was a wonderful experience. However, my body still hurts, there's a little cut on my right hand and bruises on my arms. Next time I'm going ice skating again, I'm gonna have a pillow glued to my butt. HA!


coffee-cups



We went back to an uncle's house where the family was gathering, felt so worn out. All the ones that were coming was there already. While the adults have serious conversation in the living room, we make ourselves comfortable at our cousin's bedroom. They were about to play Insidious. So there we go, turned the light off, enjoyed each other's company. But watching horror movie with them isn't that scary. First, because one of them that downloaded it is very talkative and he'd happily tell us the storyline. We told him not to tell, but still... 'Watch out, this next scene will be pretty scary!' And not to mention how we love to make jokes about the movie. Like, when the mother check out the wardrobe, one of us we'd be like, 'Here comes Sulley from Monster, Inc.... Boo!'


I thought it was enough for the day. But then we went to this mall to spend even more time together. While waiting for the others, we were sitting at this park inside the mall, where there were a lot of teenagers. The closest ones from us were hip-hop dancing, brought their own music and teach each other some moves.

last-saturday-night
So that was my last Saturday night. Wasn't fancy at all but for me, to be around almost the whole family felt like Idul Fitri is coming a month earlier... :)
SP_A0403

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Read the Printed Word!