September 2, 2016

Short-lived

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Some things are meant to be short-lived. Like a plant that you try to grow from the seed. We nurtured them, hoping they will grow beautifully, healthily, and in the end provide others, including yourself with its fruits. But do you have more room for it to grow? They will eventually need a bigger space, a bigger pot, in a yard, if that’s possible. You have to make sure that the plant got the water they need, add compost, trim it, and so on.
  89 10 11 12 13 14 One or two weeks ago, I forgot to change the water for this avocado plant that I grow from the seed. It took about four weeks until it cracks and the roots came out and it keeps growing taller, with more leaves. But I don’t have a bigger pot to replace it. Even if I bought one, I don’t have the space to put it. I wish I have a backyard so I can plant anything I want, but I don’t. So here I am, refusing to throw this poor thing away even though I know I can’t fix it. I’ve changed the water, but it’s still dying slowly. Does this thing have to suffer a little longer because of my ego? Just because I can’t let it go? Maybe. Because I want to wait a little longer before I have the heart to actually throw it in the trash. What’s the point? It can’t grow any better, not even back to its former healthy form. But you know, I’ll wait. 

Sorry, I just have to let the words out. There’s an important aspect of my life that feels similar to this poor avocado soul. So, this post may or may not be purely about an actual plant. Until the next post.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Read the Printed Word!