August 26, 2012

One Year

sirius1st-3
Been listening to: Tegan and Sara - Someday


One year ago was one of the happiest days in my life. I got a new friend. One that I've been longing forever. My camera.

It's such a weird thing to do that I let myself connected emotionally more than I should with the things I own. But whatever. So... I named him Sirius. Yep, seriously. Hahaha. Skip this post if you want because it'll sound as if I'm crazy and started talking to an object. But actually, I'm also talking indirectly to myself.

sirius1st-1

My cousin will tease me to have this typical pose with my camera if he saw this post but whatever! 
I'm Loki's mistress! I do what I want! 


Some people *cough Mama cough* will always try to separate us and don’t understand that I just need to take you everywhere and take pictures of everything. They don't understand why I need to do that, to go through the trial and error process. They don't understand why I'm taking pictures of those 'unimportant' things. They don't know that some of those pictures could turn out to be a beautiful picture that made me happy at the end of the day because it makes me feel like I've accomplished something. But they don't know what I'm capable to do with my photos now, instead they'd say, 'Why don't you learn to take those kind of pictures?', pointing at certain examples. They don't know that I can take those kind of pictures, they don't know that I can edit them in some certain ways, they don't want to know that I did the learning from the errors mostly by myself.

sirius1st-2 sirius1st


Sirius… We haven't go to a lot of places. We haven't seen enough of this world. You haven't been out there enough to capture the beauty out there with me. You might be bored to death (wait… you're a camera), stuck in your dry box, as much as I'm bored to death stuck inside a house when I just want to be in the wild. I know. But have faith in me. Someday I'll go out there, with you, to see more of this world and come home with tons of stories and pictures to share. Just wait. Mark my words I might be something someday. 

And if it's not crazy enough, let me just say… I LOVE YOU, MY CAMERA!!! 

IMG_7595

Okay, that was crazy, indeed. Sorry. Coming back soon with post about Idul Fitri and so on. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Read the Printed Word!